Friday, August 15, 2008

It's already August 15th!

So far this month...

I made Janet's Wedding Cake...the cake traveled 4 1/2 hours to it's destination. I'm glad I waited to decorate it there. I had put the first layer of frosting on the three tiers before we left. In transport the frosting on the sides slid off! The wedding was wonderful. Here are a couple of pictures of the day... :o)


On the cake you will see gorgeous flowers. The Mother of the Bride, Deanna, grew these in her yard just for the wedding! She is amazing! The cake during daylight hours...



The Bride and Groom with the cake...


The picture above was taken when the sun was almost down so it's a little dark.

We were gone for 4 days...came home and I went to my Sisters. It was good to hang out with her. Love you Sis!

And now I'm in full swing of getting ready for the fair. We take in entries on August 17th. That day will be the busiest and then Monday we will set up. I will do my best to get pictures.

Here is a blanket I crocheted last month in less than a week....


It's done with a Q hook and 4 strands of yarn! I love it. It is so easy and goes soooo fast. A major stash buster! I have some acrylic that I either want to get rid of or use up. Colors that go together I am making this blanket to burn through it quickly. I need to make room for my wool! I have started another blanket but haven't had time to work on it.

Hope you are enjoying your summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you. The pictures of your cake are really beautiful. I still have no water. Apparently one of the water mains broke in the lower residential area and drained our water supply as well. They are hoping we will have water again by this afternoon. There goes my carpet shampooing for another half a day. I started crocheting a blanket, using the pattern you're currently doing. talk to you later. -C-

Day 54 Quarentine

Yea, you read that right, day 54. It's so crazy to realize it's been that long that we've been isolated. We are retired so even...